The Lodoe Research Institute of Tibetan Medicine in Dege Dzongsar, registered and set up in September 2012 in Dege County, Ganzi Prefecture, is the first private organization of scientific researches in Tibetan medicines. The scientific research team in Tibetan medicines comprises more than ten experts, some are the experts of traditional Tibetan medicine from our institute and some are experts of Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Our institute, aiming to preserve the tradition of Tibetan physicians, to set a good?example of Tibetan medicine system, to explore medical technology, and to reform?healing therapies, provides help for Tibetan medicine industry with all-directional?techniques. The scope of our business is as below:
1.?The preservation of cultural traditions of Tibetan Medicine, and the collection and collation of ancient texts and ? Manuscripts of Tibetan Medicine.
On the basis of the work of collecting and collating the texts and manuscripts of traditional Tibetan Medicine during the early stages, we use The Four Medical Tantras as the root text and consult many publications and manuscripts of Tibetan medicine from different places and the compilation of the canonical medicinal herbal sample charts and explanations is accomplished. It is hoped that we will step by step improve and set up the measure criteria of Tibetan Medicine in formulation and dosage, pharmaceutical techniques, and drug quality.
2.Studies on wild tending techniques and artificial planting of the medicinal Tibetan materials in plateau areas.
During 2004 to 2010, Dzongsar Tibetan Hospital had cooperated with Alpine Plants Research Institute of Yunnan and Shan Shui Conservation Center to the cultivation experiments on the rare alpine medicinal herbs in fourteen species in Dege Maisu areas, and had obtained cultivation skills towards three species of endangered herbs; meanwhile, the trainings of the identification of medicinal herbs for rural physicians were proceeded several times and have trained some related technicians. As to the cultivation of alpine medicinal herbs, it is considered to be one of important projects to focus and to carry out in the future.
3. Research and development of Tibetan medicine, Decoction pieces, food, and health supplements.
1) Tibetan medicines: Drug R&D towards specific diseases in combination?of traditional pharmaceutical techniques and modern medical technology.
2) Decoction pieces: Make full use of the characteristics of different herbs, so the decoction pieces are clinically proven effective.
3) Foods: Local ingredients with high qualities; natural, healthy, functional, and non-artificial.
4) Health supplements: According to the traditional regimen methods in Tibetan Medicine, we are making efforts to produce functional health supplements.
4. Integrated social services of Tibetan medical treatment and scientific research technologies.
The services for the consultation and technical supports of Tibetan medicine.
The services for oral transmissions of the texts of Tibetan medicine and the propagations. Charitable medical services in Tibetan remote areas.